FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

How to Create Custom Mailchimp Templates

’ve been using Mailchimp for a minute but like most, it was foreign to me because it didn’t seem user friendly. Welp I was wrong and my perception has changed.
Mailchimp is GREAT if you insert your vision for your email marketing campaign but also this is an email that most people are reading from their cellphone so it’s important to remember. Make Mailchimp work for you and the end result will be amazing.
So let’s get right to it
Mailchimp







  1. Once you’re logged into Mailchimp, choose “Templates” and create a new template. There are 2 tabs, “Content” for dragging and dropping content blocks to your template then there’s “Design” for changing backgrounds/font/style.
Text-Mailchimp
2. Let’s change the “preheader" design or above the fold. I changed the hex code color to fit my brand colors and keep the template cohesive. Then I add URLs for readers to navigate back to my website without having to search for it. For example, I added links to Home, Resources, Services, & Contact page.
Mailchimp-Email-Marketing
Mailchimp-Email
Preheader Design example
Preheader Design example
3. Here I simply dragged & dropped the text box to the template & included my IG account which is a hyperlink that directs the reader to my Instagram page. I also added a button so that readers can click and go directly to the free resources page of my website. This is button is more so for aesthetics and visual appeal. You can choose for the button to be more or less round/square.
Creative-Business-Owner-Entrepreneur
4. This area is my favorite on the entire template. I created the “On The Blog” graphic using Adobe Photoshop but you can use Canva just make sure that the background is transferrable or the same color as your template background. This area is simply a divider before the heading and the body and the email template.
Blog-Blogger-Mailchimp-Squarespace
5. I dragged and dropped a text box to give brief context about the blog posts that I added to the email. Then I added 2 blog posts photos to the “image group” box. I create my blog post covers in Canva so that I can also share on Pinterest. The entire vibe I’m going for this email template is 'minimal’.
Canva-Blogger-Email
6. Like I stated above. You can change the background of the entire email template or just certain sections. Below is an example of how I changed the background of only the email’s body. It really depends on what vision you have for your template.
Mailchimp-Canva
And TA-DA! Here’s the finish result! Share with all your business friends, creative friends or anyone that is interested in learning how to create a template for their email marketing!
Email-Marketing

No comments

Post a Comment