FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

Honest Moment: 25, Married, and Kids

Majority of my friends and social media associates dream of being married by 25 and having children between the ages of 25 & 28.
It's like a "life aspiration and accomplishment".
When someone asks in your early 20s "when do you plan on getting married and having kids"?
The answer is usually around 25 or so. 

Well, if that isn't your answer it previously was my answer when asked the question.

Now at newly 25, I'm married with a baby girl. 

Do I feel accomplished?
Yes.
Do I feel like all my life accomplishments are 
completed? 
No. I'm still working towards goals. 
Do I wonder what life would be like without a husband
and baby? 
Of course I do.

You see, God blesses us with what we pray for (whether it's in our timing or His timing). 
He will bless us when the timing and season is right.

Whether God blesses you with a family now or later you'll still wonder "What would my life be like with a husband/kids?" or "What would my life be like if I was still single living in a 1 bedroom apartment?"

It's normal to wonder and plan for the future but  remember not to get so caught up in life planning and fantasizing about the future that you miss what God is trying to bless you with. 

Instead of focusing on what you don't have at the moment, focus on God's love, self-care, self-love, continuing education, gaining transferable skills. 

With that being said, I need to take my own advice lol! 

No comments

Post a Comment