FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

3 Tips To Keeping Your Relationship LIT

Tips For Keeping Your Relationship Marriage Strong Healthy
Let's jump right into it! This week I watching the Today's Show and they were discussing Oprah and Stedman's relationship.
During Oprah's interview with Vogue she told us the truth about their relationship and not wanting a "traditional marriage".
This got me thinking...What is a "traditional marriage"?

There's no right or wrong answer. Marriage is what you make it.

What keeps our relationship strong?

1. Keeping God At The Center
This really could be a standalone tip by itself with nothing else to follow. God purposely placed you two together (you know if you guys were actually meant to be/equally yoked and didn't force it) so it's important to KEEP GOD IN your relationship.
Argue = Pray
Happy = Pray
Strugglin = Pray
Worried = PRAY

When you have any worry or doubt or even if you are happy/excited you need to make sure you give God THANKS! When problems arise, it's human to get all worked up but just stop & take a minute to ask God for forgiveness, understanding, & discernment to do better.

2. Communication 
Being able to effectively express yourself & communicate is VITAL. When my husband & I first started dating I did not know how to communicate. It was more so of me just avoiding the issue and not mentioning it but subliminally showing that I'm mad/sad/irritated. It's important to just put it out there on the table "I'm mad because of _____" "I don't like it when you ____"

3. Dating
After having Baby #2 our dates have been few and far between. Having a little alone time is a vital part to our relationship. When I say "date" it doesn't necessarily have to be in a setting outside of the house. You can make sure that the kids are in bed at a reasonable time then have some mommy + daddy time! That alone time can be in the living, having dinner, watching your Favorite TV show, reading the bible together etc etc.

These are just a few tips -- I'm not relationship expert lol! And we're just coming to 2 years of marriage but this is what has worked for my husband & I thus far.

1 comment

  1. It looks like before I read your post, I absolutely did not understand what "love" means and what it can be actually. But the lucky that happened to me 2 months ago maybe it will help and the next Valentine's Day I'll not be so lonely) Online chat https://coomeet.com/ just amazing cheer supergirl, sweet smile, we talked all night about everything and nothing ... and you know, what I like most in our relationship? That we have some "freedom" and at the same time we have so much common that unites us ... It's love, I'm tend to think yes, but we'll see just next Valentine's Day)

    ReplyDelete