FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

Mommy Unplugged | The Transitioning Mom

Stay at home working mom
Recently a number of my friends have given birth to babies -- this makes me super excited because now that I have 2 kids we can all have playdates/wine dates lol! This also means that my friends can also be apart of my revamped blog!

Each week, The Mommy Plug will feature a Mom dishing advice and little secrets that keep us all sane. 

"Mommy Unplugged"
This week we're featuring "The Transitioning Mom" -- From Stay at Home Mom to Working Mom.

Trina gives us all the details on what it was like for her to go from staying at home for 1 year with her son to putting that college degree to work and working a 9 to 5 job. 

So you've been a mom for almost 2 years now, what have you learned? Would you change anything?
Being a mom has completely changed my view of life. It has truly given my entire being a new meaning. One thing I have learned in the past 2 years is that we do not always have the answers.Every day is a learning experience AND THAT IS OKAY! This is something I remind myself constantly because as a mom I often feel guilty for not knowing the answer. Prayer is a major key! If I could change one thing it would be not letting Liam sleep in my bed 🙈 other than that we are still learning together :) 


What's the most challenging part of your day? 
The most challenging part of my day is leaving Liam with the sitter/ daycare. Guilt hits me hard EVERY TIME

Would you rather be a stay at home mom or a working mom? 
Being a stay home mom was amazing and I was so blessed to spend the first year of Liam's life with him, but now that I work I don't know if I could just hop back into being a stay at home mom again. Hats off to those who are because it takes a good daily/weekly routine to keep mommy and baby happy and sane lol. 

How do you balance working and being a mom? 
Now that Liam is approaching 2 I think it is very important that he experiences people and places other than mommy. I make sure that I wake Liam up early enough for us to have play time before daycare/work and when I get off I spend most of my evening giving him my undivided attention. No, my house is not spotless, but I try not to worry about that bc I know Liam is more important! 

What's your favorite thing to do without the kids? How do you release stress/frustration? 
There's not many minutes in a day that I'm not with Liam when I'm not at work. Luckily for me I was blessed with a really good child but outside time is a big stress reliever for us! We try to get out whether it's hikes or swimming. I also joined a gym last year that has a daycare and pool which is AMAZING

Any advice for new moms?  Well who am I to give advice but if I was to I think it would be to remember no one is perfect and every mom/baby is different. Learn yourself and your baby. Too often other people/ moms/mil try to tell you that you're doing something wrong or there is a better way. Sure listen to what they say but that does not make your way wrong and you may not even take their advice and that is ok! We are all human! & these babies grow way too fast to be focused on what we did wrong I the eyes of others!



No comments

Post a Comment