FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

My Truth About Breastfeeding

truth about breastfeeding large breasts
This is Round 2 of Breastfeeding for me within 2 years. With our 1st daughter I breastfed for about 9 months & the only reason I stopped was because I wasn't producing as much milk (positive pregnancy test lol).

Both pregnancies were a breeze for me and breastfeeding just came naturally....(not to gloat)
That may sound perfect to some but let's be honest. I'm not the "average" breastfeeder. I'm not part of the itty bitty titty committee.

Breastfeeding with a rather large chest is not easy at all. The struggle with finding the perfect latch and the perfect holding position -- then add trying to keep up a social life. I refuse to breastfeed in front of anyone besides my husband, mom and sisters. So while we hashtag Normalize Breastfeeding -- I don't push breastfeeding on any of my friends. If they decide to choose breastfeeding I welcome them with open arms & encouragement! Breastfeeding in public will never be "my thing" and I'm not trying to make it my thing lol!

It works for me & our family because WE'RE FRUGAL. If we can get by without purchasing formula for a few months then why not? Lol! This 2nd time around has been a great experience so far in the first month. I believe it's because I know my body and how to position my baby which makes both of us comfortable during each nursing session.

With our first baby -- I breastfed in public for the 1st and only time inside of an empty McAllister's. Today I went into Target with a sleeping baby and mid-shopping I had to take a trip to the fitting room to calm her down ( I forgot to pack an extra bottle).
Both of these situations was really the last resort and not by choice.

Breastfeeding is a commitment. It is your responsibility to decide if you are ready to commit like a 10 year relationship -- because your baby will depend on you for each feeding throughout the day AND at 3AM.

So while everyone is following the whole "breastfeeding trend" right now -- I say choose what's best for you and your baby whether that's giving it a try for 1 week, 6 months, or choosing formula. The most important thing to remember is that you are providing a nutritious meal for your baby for them to grow and meet milestones.  

No comments

Post a Comment