FOLLOW ME @THEMOMMYPLUG

Breastfeeding Chronicles: Philips Avent Breast Pump Manual vs MedelaPump In Style


Before giving birth, I had already decided on the choice of breastfeeding. I wasn't too sold on the whole "milk out of a can" formula so the decision was pretty simple and of course Q agreed.
My health insurance provides free electric pumps so I placed my order for the Medela Pump In Style after doing extensive research and hearing from other moms that this was THE PUMP to go with.

Well let me just tell you.... do your own research and reviewing before deciding to actually buy this electric Medela pump.
I have larger breasts so the breast shields in the Medela Pump In Style box that are provided did not fit. Q took a trip to Walmart and found the 27mm which fit perfectly for me.

I bought the Avent Breast Pump Manual right before going in to labor and it was the best decision I made. I wanted to have the option of doing manual or electric. The end result of that was.... MANUAL all the way.
I love that I can take this little hand held pump on the go with me and pump in the car under my shirt without any hassle.
On the other hand, the Medela Pump In Style has to be plugged into the wall and I have to sit there and maneuver myself to be able to hold both pumps at one time. This leaves me sitting in one position for at least 30 minutes which is unrealistic with a newborn.

My choice: Philips Avent Breast Pump Manual -- 1. For Travel 2. For Late night pumping 3. For bigger boobs lol! (the plastic suction cup helps tremendously)  

1 comment

  1. You do not have deep knowledge about homework. You have to depend on online and take a help from online. When you have to depend on online you obviously pay people to do homework.

    ReplyDelete